- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we share your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are Cookies?
- Privacy Policies of other websites
- How to Contact Us
- How to Contact Appropriate Authorities
- WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
The Service generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent. We collect:
- User Content: such as content of communication, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback and any other information you send to us, that you provide to us when you contact us, or that you post on our Service and similar data.
- Device and Browser Information: such as network and connection information including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application or browser type and version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language, time-zone setting and other technical information, advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information and similar data.
- Usage Information and Browsing History, such as usage metrics (including usage rates, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs), content interactions (including searches, views, downloads, prints, shares, streams, and display or playback details), and user journey history (including clickstreams and page navigation, URLs, timestamps, content viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and download errors), advertising interactions (including when and how you interact with marketing and advertising materials, click rates, purchases or next steps you may make after seeing an advertisement, and marketing preferences), and similar data.
- Social Media and Online Content, such as information in social media and online profiles, online posts, and similar data.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
You directly provide VLK with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Search for, subscribe or purchase our Service
- Use our Services or otherwise interact with us.
- Create, post, or submit user content on our Services.
- Request or sign up for information.
- ommunicate with us by phone, email, chat, in person, or otherwise.
- Complete a questionnaire, survey, support ticket, or other information request form
- When you express an interest in working with us or apply for a job or position with us
- Use or view or website via browser cookies
VLK may also receive your data indirectly if you choose to access, visit and/or use any third party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with the Service, we may receive personally identifiable information and other information about you and your computer, mobile or other device that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Service is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third party social networking services may make available to our Service by visiting those services’ privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those services.
- HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DATA
VLK collects your data so that we can: –
- Provide, deliver, analyze, and administer our Services (including in connection with the performance of a contract).
- For internal research and development purposes for new content, products, and services, and to improve, test, and enhance the features and functions of our current Services.
- Process transactions related to our Services and administer accounts or profiles related to you or your organization (including registrations, subscriptions, purchases, billing events, royalty calculations, and payments).
- Personalize and make recommendations related to our Services and other offerings.
- Contact and communicate with you in connection with our Services or other notifications, programs, events, or updates that you may have registered for.
- Send you offers, advertising, and marketing materials, including to provide personalized advertising to you.
- Conduct and communicate with you regarding recruiting and human resources administration.
- Comply with your instructions or to fulfill other, specified purposes for which you have given your consent.
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse to ensure the security and protection of all customers and others, as well as to identify and authenticate your access to our Service or to identify and authenticate you before we provide you with certain information.
- Exercise our rights and to protect our and others’ rights and/or property, including to take action against those that seek to violate or abuse our Services.
- Comply with the law and our legal obligations, including to respond to a request or order from a court, regulator, or authority, as well as to fulfill our contractual obligations with our customers when they arrange access to our Services for you.
- HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with our business partners to jointly offer, provide, deliver, analyze, administer, improve, and personalize products or services (including these Services) or to host events. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these business providers.
- Third Party Content Providers. We may share your personal information with our third party content providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing, delivering, analyzing, administering, improving, and personalizing content that are delivered as part of our Services. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these content providers.
- Social Media Services. We may work with certain third party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third party service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in offering, providing, delivering, analyzing, administering, improving, and personalizing our Services. For example, service providers who assist us in performing, delivering, or enhancing certain products and services related to our delivery and operation of our Services, who provide technical and/or customer support on our behalf, who provide application or software development and quality assurance, who provide tracking and reporting functions, research on user demographics, interests, and behavior, and other products or services. These third party service providers may also collect personal information about or from you in performing their services and/or functions on our Services. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these third party service providers.
- Advertisers. We may share your personal information with advertisers, advertising exchanges, and marketing agencies that we engage for advertising services, to deliver advertising on some of our Services, and to assist us in advertising our brand and products and services. Those advertising services may also target advertisements on third party websites based on cookies or other information indicating previous interaction with us and/or our Services.
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we reasonably believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, to comply with or respond to a legal process or law enforcement or governmental request, to enforce our terms and conditions or other rights (including investigations of potential violations of our rights), to detect, prevent, or address fraud or security issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of VLK, our users, or the public.
- HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
VLK has appropriate legal arrangements with our web-hosting partners to securely store your data.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Taking into account the nature, scope, context, and purposes of processing personal information, as well as the risks to individuals of varying likelihood and severity, we have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to protect the security of personal information. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable measures designed to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Our security procedures also mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We retain personal information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule, which varies by Service, business function, record classes, and record types.
We calculate retention periods based upon and reserve the right to retain personal information for the periods that the personal information is needed to: (a) fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, (b) meet the timelines determined or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations, (c) comply with applicable laws, legal holds, and other legal obligations (including contractual obligations), and (d) comply with your requests.
VLK would like to send you information about our products and services. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop VLK from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to third parties. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
VLK would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following: –
- The right to access – You have the right to request VLK for copies of your personal data. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for the first or further copies of your personal information requested by you.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request VLK to correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request VLK to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request VLK to erase your personal data under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that VLK restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to VLK’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Data Portability – You may have the right to receive a copy of your personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit that personal information to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Withdraw Consent – You may have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You can always provide your consent to us again at a later time.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit websites, we may collect information through cookies.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
- Functionality – VLK uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. VLK sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- HOW TO CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that VLK has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, please contact the Data Commissioner’s office.